Brunswick Communities for Nature is a group of volunteer locals continuing Adopt-A-Tree’s and Moreland Energy Foundation’s “Communities for Nature” program.
The program converted grassed nature strips and green spaces, into native gardens, to create a biodiversity corridor from Merri Creek to Moonee Ponds Creek.
We’re upgrading the nature strips through “Nature Strip Blitzes”, propagating plants, contributing to consultations on council policies, supporting local planting groups and providing advice on converting or upgrading your nature strip too.
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri people as the traditional owners of the land and respectfully recognise Elders past, present and future.
- Zone 1 – Edward Street
- Zone 2 – Union Street (East of Grantham)
- Zone 3 – Union Street (West of Grantham)
- Zone 4 – Albert Street and southern street cluster
Albert Street and southern cluster streets:
- Albert Street (East of Nicholson Street), Brunswick East
- Peers Street, Brunswick East
- Sumner Street, Brunswick East
- Rupert Street, Brunswick East
- Lowan Street, Brunswick East
- King Street, Brunswick East (North of Glenlyon)